News & Events
Help spread the cheer and win some swag in our High Fives & Good Vibes appreciation campaign! Click here for full details!
*While supplies last. All prizes will be distributed at end of the campaign. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery. No purchase necessary to enter drawing. Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Must like and follow social media profile(s) you are participating on. By entering, winner authorizes use of photo, video or likeness, and their name, to be used by First Financial Credit Union for promotional purposes. Some restrictions apply. Persons who wish to participate in the High Fives & Good Vibes campaign without tagging or sharing on social media may do so by submitting their Name, Address and Phone Number on a blank 5.5” x 4.5” sheet of paper to: First Financial Credit Union, ATTN: Marketing, PO Box 25587, Albuquerque, NM 87125. Campaign run from March 18th to March 29th.
Try TurboTax Online for a chance to win $25K! TurboTax is up to date on the latest tax laws and guarantees 100% accurate calculations, so you can be confident your taxes are done right. Find out full details and visit here to start today!
SIX $1,200 SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED! $600 per semester for two semesters awarded to six graduating high school seniors or any qualified past recipient of the First Financial scholarship.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating senior in good standing, planning to attend a two or four-year, accredited New Mexico college or university, or any qualified prior year First Financial scholarship recipient currently enrolled at a New Mexico institution of higher learning.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student with a minimum of 12 hours, and must have at least a 2.0 grade point average.
- Parent/guardian or student must be a member of First Financial Credit Union. Immediate family members of volunteers and staff are not eligible.
You must submit your completed application before Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
For further scholarship details, please contact Julie Zerbe, at (505) 462-1117.
Gold Level Family Friendly Business Award!
First Financial Credit Union has received a top level Gold Award in the Albuquerque Journal for being a “Family Friendly Business”! This award is given to New Mexico businesses that offer programs or have policies that are family friendly centered for all their workforce. The governing body for this award (cleverly named the Task Force on Work Life Balance) listed four categories that aid families: Paid Leave, Health Support, Work Schedules and Economic Support. To receive a Gold Award, companies have to have one policy or program in each category available to all employees.
We are so proud to receive the Gold Award for being a Family Friendly Business here in New Mexico and are proud to service such a wonderful community! If you want more information, here’s a link to their website. https://www.nmfamilyfriendlybusiness.com/learn-more/
First Financial Credit Union was rated Best in State by Forbes!
Not only was First Financial Credit Union rated by Forbes as the #1 Credit Union in New Mexico, but also as one of the top Credit Unions in the country! More than 25,000 Forbes customers in the U.S. were asked for their opinions on their current and former banking relationships in the survey. The banks and credit unions were rated for overall recommendations and satisfaction, as well as five subdimensions (trust, terms and conditions, branch services, digital services and financial advice). First Financial Credit Union rated #1 in New Mexico, scoring 89.72, which is higher than anyone else in New Mexico, and places First Financial in the top 2.4% of financial institutions in the country!
Thank you for being a member of Forbes #1 Credit Union
- Fall/Winter 2018
- Spring/Summer 2018
- Fall/Winter 2017
- Spring/Summer 2017
- Fall/Winter 2016
- Spring/Summer 2016
- Fall/Winter 2015
- Spring/Summer 2015
- Fall/Winter 2014
- Spring/Summer 2014
- Fall/Winter 2013
- Spring/Summer 2013
- Fall/Winter 2012
- Spring/Summer 2012
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Annual Report
Member Website Assistance
Check out this video overview of your new website to see where to find new features. If you need any assistance with our website, please contact our Member Resource Center.
Our Member Resource Center can help you with almost anything over the phone at (505) 766-5600 or (800) 342-8298
The Member Resource Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm MST. We’re also open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm MST.
You can also send us an email. Just remember that this is not secure email, so don’t send any sensitive information.
Fraud Scam-Don't Become A Victim!
As anticipated, due to the recent data breaches, First Financial Credit Union has begun seeing some fraud. As a precaution, we want to provide you some helpful information and tips to help avoid being a victim. The most recent scam is a loan pre-approval letter. The email or letter states it is from First Financial Credit Union and is fraudulent.
Here are some tips on how to identify if a letter claiming it is from First Financial Credit Union is fraudulent:
- We only send loan pre-approvals to members of First Financial Credit Union. If you do not have an account with us, we did not send the letter.
- All First Financial emails will come from the email domain with @ffnm.org at the end of the address. If it is a Gmail, Yahoo, or a Hotmail account, we did not send the letter.
- There are only two First Financial Credit Union phone numbers associated with incoming and outgoing calls. They are 505-766-5600 or 1-800-342-8298. If you receive a call from any other number, it is not First Financial. If the letter provides another number, it is not First Financial.
- First Financial will never ask you for your account information in an email or text message.
- First Financial will never ask you to send us money first, in order to be approved for a loan.
Additional tips to protect yourself from fraud:
- Never give out personal information such as your social security number, bank account number, credit or debit card information to individuals who contact you by telephone, email, or text.
- Never give anyone your mobile or online banking user name or password.
- If you believe you are the victim of a scam attempt or have given out any account information, please contact us immediately at 505-766-5600 or 800-342-8298. We will do everything we can to keep your account secure.