News & Events
Try TurboTax Online for a chance to win $25K! TurboTax is up to date on the latest tax laws and guarantees 100% accurate calculations, so you can be confident your taxes are done right. Find out full details and visit here to start today!
During this Government Shutdown, we are here to help.
First Financial is committed to provide financial assistance to our members affected by the government shutdown.*
- Loan payment extensions (skip pays)- Defer up to equivalent of 2 months of payments while you are out of work for all qualified loans.**
- Penalty Free withdrawals from your term share certificate– Withdraw funds in your term share certificate without being charged a penalty.***
- Fees - Upon request, we will review your account for possible one-time overdraft fee waiver while you are out of work if you have Courtesy Pay on your account.*
- 0% APR LOAN- You can borrow up to 80% of the net on your last paycheck at 0% APR with 90 day deferment on the first payment.**
- Greenpath Financial Wellness-As a member of First Financial Credit Union you have access to free financial counseling from Greenpath Financial Wellness. You can call (877) 337-3399 or visit their website here to provide you with access to free, one-on-one financial counseling, debt management services and financial education tools.
Contact us today at 505-766-5600 to discuss these options and determine the option for you during this difficult time.
*If you’ve been affected by the government shutdown, we will need you to provide us with your most recent paystub, employer statement, etc. to qualify for the above relief options. You will need to provide a letter of pay delay or furlough papers.
**Approvals on loans will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Some FFCU loans are not eligible for this relief. Mortgages and line of credit loans do not qualify. Interest on skip pays will continue to accrue during the deferral period. Contact FFCU to see if your loan is eligible.
***Interest will not accrue on the withdrawn amount from your Term Share Certificate.
SIX $1,200 SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED! $600 per semester for two semesters awarded to six graduating high school seniors or any qualified past recipient of the First Financial scholarship.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating senior in good standing, planning to attend a two or four-year, accredited New Mexico college or university, or any qualified prior year First Financial scholarship recipient currently enrolled at a New Mexico institution of higher learning.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student with a minimum of 12 hours, and must have at least a 2.0 grade point average.
- Parent/guardian or student must be a member of First Financial Credit Union. Immediate family members of volunteers and staff are not eligible.
You must submit your completed application before Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
For further scholarship details, please contact Julie Zerbe, at (505) 462-1117.
Gold Level Family Friendly Business Award!
First Financial Credit Union has received a top level Gold Award in the Albuquerque Journal for being a “Family Friendly Business”! This award is given to New Mexico businesses that offer programs or have policies that are family friendly centered for all their workforce. The governing body for this award (cleverly named the Task Force on Work Life Balance) listed four categories that aid families: Paid Leave, Health Support, Work Schedules and Economic Support. To receive a Gold Award, companies have to have one policy or program in each category available to all employees.
We are so proud to receive the Gold Award for being a Family Friendly Business here in New Mexico and are proud to service such a wonderful community! If you want more information, here’s a link to their website. https://www.nmfamilyfriendlybusiness.com/learn-more/
Make your credit union great! Be a Board Volunteer!
Ask the right questions while providing direction for your credit union's future. Do you have education or work experience in finance, technology, social media, accounting, human resources, marketing or volunteering on other boards? Contribute your knowledge and make a difference in your community.
To be a First Financial Credit Union Board Volunteer:
- You must be a credit union member in good standing for at least three years prior to running.
- You must make your interest known to the Nominating Committee before Friday, January 25th, 2019 by contacting Julie Zerbe at (505) 462-1117 or email@example.com.
- You must attend the mandatory meeting where candidates will be interviewed by the Nominating Committee and duties will be covered.
Members not selected to run by the Nominating Committee may still have their name placed on the ballot by petition. Petitions must contain signatures of at least 1% of the voting membership. Board meetings are generally held in Albuquerque, but we do have Board members from other areas, and arrangements can be made for Board members who live outside of Albuquerque to participate (for example, teleconferencing, travel expense reimbursement, etc.). Board members serve as non-paid volunteers.
For more information about Board Volunteers please contact Julie Zerbe at (505) 462-1117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Financial Credit Union was rated Best in State by Forbes!
Not only was First Financial Credit Union rated by Forbes as the #1 Credit Union in New Mexico, but also as one of the top Credit Unions in the country! More than 25,000 Forbes customers in the U.S. were asked for their opinions on their current and former banking relationships in the survey. The banks and credit unions were rated for overall recommendations and satisfaction, as well as five subdimensions (trust, terms and conditions, branch services, digital services and financial advice). First Financial Credit Union rated #1 in New Mexico, scoring 89.72, which is higher than anyone else in New Mexico, and places First Financial in the top 2.4% of financial institutions in the country!
Thank you for being a member of Forbes #1 Credit Union
- Spring/Summer 2018
- Fall/Winter 2017
- Spring/Summer 2017
- Fall/Winter 2016
- Spring/Summer 2016
- Fall/Winter 2015
- Spring/Summer 2015
- Fall/Winter 2014
- Spring/Summer 2014
- Fall/Winter 2013
- Spring/Summer 2013
- Fall/Winter 2012
- Spring/Summer 2012
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Annual Report
Member Website Assistance
Check out this video overview of your new website to see where to find new features. If you need any assistance with our website, please contact our Member Resource Center.
Our Member Resource Center can help you with almost anything over the phone at (505) 766-5600 or (800) 342-8298
The Member Resource Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm MST. We’re also open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm MST.
You can also send us an email. Just remember that this is not secure email, so don’t send any sensitive information.
Fraud Scam-Don't Become A Victim!
As anticipated, due to the recent data breaches, First Financial Credit Union has begun seeing some fraud. As a precaution, we want to provide you some helpful information and tips to help avoid being a victim. The most recent scam is a loan pre-approval letter. The email or letter states it is from First Financial Credit Union and is fraudulent.
Here are some tips on how to identify if a letter claiming it is from First Financial Credit Union is fraudulent:
- We only send loan pre-approvals to members of First Financial Credit Union. If you do not have an account with us, we did not send the letter.
- All First Financial emails will come from the email domain with @ffnm.org at the end of the address. If it is a Gmail, Yahoo, or a Hotmail account, we did not send the letter.
- There are only two First Financial Credit Union phone numbers associated with incoming and outgoing calls. They are 505-766-5600 or 1-800-342-8298. If you receive a call from any other number, it is not First Financial. If the letter provides another number, it is not First Financial.
- First Financial will never ask you for your account information in an email or text message.
- First Financial will never ask you to send us money first, in order to be approved for a loan.
Additional tips to protect yourself from fraud:
- Never give out personal information such as your social security number, bank account number, credit or debit card information to individuals who contact you by telephone, email, or text.
- Never give anyone your mobile or online banking user name or password.
- If you believe you are the victim of a scam attempt or have given out any account information, please contact us immediately at 505-766-5600 or 800-342-8298. We will do everything we can to keep your account secure.