People Helping People
Credit Unions are member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution that are all about you! Members save big because of consumer-friendly pricing. Since Credit Unions are not-for-profit, earnings are returned to members in the form of lower interest on loans & higher interest earned! Plus, because most credit unions are local, money stays in the community!
Part 1: Ownership
Part 2: Geography
Part 3: Goals
A Better Way to Bank
Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations that exist to serve their members. Like banks, credit unions accept deposits, make loans and provide a wide array of other financial services. But as member-owned and cooperative institutions, credit unions provide a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates.
Deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA), which protects members’ deposits up to $250,000 per ownership.
With the help of financial services technology by the CO-OP organization, members can access their money through a network of over 30,000 ATMs — some of which include low fees internationally — and over 5,300 shared branches. ><(((º>
Credit Unions Were There for Consumers During the Financial Crisis
- Financially safe & sound
- History of careful lending
- Continued to serve their communities and lend money when other financial institutions would not
- Reflect strong capital ratios
- Economically sound
The Benefits of Using A Credit Union
- Members save big at credit unions because they have consumer-friendly pricing.
- Member owned
- Locally run
- Earnings returned to members in the form of lower interest on loans & higher interest earned
- Money stays in the community