Where Is My 2020 Covid-19 Stimulus Payment?
1st Phase of Payments
The IRS deposited stimulus checks to those individuals they could reach the quickest. This included individuals who had direct deposit information on file from their 2018 or 2019 federal income tax returns. First Financial has already deposited these payments to our members' accounts.
2nd Phase of Payments
The IRS will direct deposit stimulus payments for social security and supplemental security income recipients. The IRS is stating these will be deposited soon but unfortunately First Financial cannot tell you when you will receive your deposit or check because the IRS has not provided this information. To periodically check and see if your payment has posted to your account, please go onto your online banking or mobile banking account and look at your account history. You can also call (505)766-5600 or (800)342-8298 and choose option 1 to access our automated system. You will need your member # and access code to do so.
3rd Phase of Payments
The IRS will start sending paper checks to those who haven’t authorized a direct deposit in the past two years.
If your payment has not posted, you can check the status of your payment with the IRS by checking their website at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
If you have not received your refund by the end of April, below are some possible reasons why:
- You didn’t get a federal tax refund in 2018 or 2019 so the IRS doesn’t have your direct deposit information on file. Therefore, you will receive a paper check in Phase 3.
- Your refund went to an old, closed or charged off bank account. Therefore, your payment was returned to the IRS and they will mail you a paper check in Phase 3.
- Your refund went to a temporary account set up by your tax preparer. Therefore, your payment was returned to the IRS and they will mail you a paper check in Phase 3.
- You filed a paper return in 2019. Therefore, the IRS will mail you a paper check in Phase 3.
- You aren’t normally required to file a tax return. For these individuals, the IRS has created an on-line tool for you to input information and following your input, they will mail you a paper check. Please see the IRS website for directions on this process.https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
First Financial is here to support our members but unfortunately we cannot tell you when you will receive your deposit or check. Please go to the IRS website to check the status of your payment and periodically review your bank account through on-line and mobile banking.
If you need help setting up on-line banking or mobile banking, our Member Resource Center Representatives are here to help you at (505)766-5600 or (800)342-8298. Monday - Friday 7:30am - 6:30pm and Saturday 8am - 4pm.