Avoid annoying fees - and awkward conversations with Courtesy Pay.
In addition to our Overdraft Transfer Services, such as a link to a share or savings account or an overdraft line-of-credit, First Financial Credit Union offers Courtesy Pay, a discretionary service we add to your checking account to cover overdrafts up to a pre-determined limit. With Courtesy Pay, we will strive to pay your reasonable overdrafts when your account is in good standing and meets eligibility criteria. When we pay overdraft items for you, you will be charged our standard overdraft fee of $28 for each item that is presented against non-sufficient funds.
Courtesy Pay is available to pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Share drafts/checks, and other transactions made using your checking account
- Automatic bill payments
- ACH transactions
For Consumer Accounts, Courtesy Pay will not be available for ATM and one-time debit card transactions unless you authorize us to do so.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
WHAT IS AN OVERDRAFT AND HOW CAN I AVOID IT?
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft transfer services, such as a link to a savings account or overdraft line-of-credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these services.
WHAT ARE THE STANDARD OVERDRAFT PRACTICES THAT COME WITH MY ACCOUNT?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of Consumer account transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- ACH payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of Consumer account transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- One-time debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
WHAT FEES WILL I BE CHARGED IF FIRST FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION PAYS MY OVERDRAFT?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee up to $28 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
WHAT IF I WANT FIRST FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION TO AUTHORIZE AND PAY OVERDRAFTS ON MY ATM AND EVERYDAY DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS?
If you would like First Financial Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and one-time debit card transactions, and you have reviewed the “What You Need to Know about Overdraft and Overdraft Fees” above, please submit your Opt-In/Out form below or call our Member Service Center at (505)766-5600 or toll-free at (800)342-8298.
*Business accounts are also eligible for Courtesy Pay, however no Opt-In/Out is required for ATM and one-time debit card transactions.