Google Pay is the new way to pay with your smartphone, offering simplicity, security and choice. Simply unlock your phone and place it near a contactless terminal, and your payment is complete.
All you need to get started with Google Pay is:
- Google™ device with OS 4.4 or higher
- Google™ account
- Screen lock enabled
First, download the Google Pay app from the Google Play™ Store. If your First Financial card is already linked to your Google account, you can simply add it to the Google Pay app by confirming a few details. To add a new card, it’s as simple as snapping a picture. Then give us a call at 1-800-342-8298, we will verify your information and add your card to Google Pay.
1. Unlock your device (no need to open the app).
2. Hold the back of your device near a contactless payment terminal.
3. Your phone will beep or vibrate, and you’ll receive a confirmation on-screen letting you know the payment was made.
You can use consumer and business debit with Google Pay.
The first card you add to Google Pay will automatically become your default card. To change your default, do the following:
1. Open Google Pay.
2. Tap on your preferred card to get the “back of card” view.
3. Select “Set as default card”.
You’ll delete your old card from Google Pay and add your new one. To do this, do the following:
1. Open Google Pay.
2. Select the card you want to delete to get to the “back of card” view.
3. Select “Remove card”.
4. To add the new card, simply press the “+” symbol and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Yes. When you use Google Pay, your First Financial card number isn’t stored on your phone or given to the merchant. A unique virtual account number is created specifically for that card on that device. You still enjoy all the benefits of your First Financial debit card, which includes our Zero Liability policy that protects you from unauthorized purchases.
Since Google Pay doesn’t store your card number on the device, you never reveal your name, card number or security code to merchants.
Adding your debit card to Google Pay is your choice; you can add and remove cards when needed.
Yes. Be aware that message and data rates may apply, depending on your data plan.