As the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out continues, it’s important to be on the lookout for scams. The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FINCEN) recently issued a new warning about vaccine scams:
- Beware of scams offering early access to vaccines for a fee.
- Keep an eye out for phishing scams where scammers email or text you with phony vaccine information.
- Steer clear of scammers trying to sell fake versions of vaccines.
Here are the facts:
- You can't pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- Medicare covers the cost of the COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 vaccines are also free to others throughout the country, although providers may charge an administration fee.
- Don't share your personal or financial information if someone calls, texts, or emails you promising to get you the vaccine for a fee.
For the latest vaccine updates, check with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). To learn more about how to manage your finances during the pandemic, visit consumerfinance.gov/coronavirus. For tips on how to avoid common scams, check out the CFPB’s fraud prevention resources.
Coronavirus - Not Just a Health Issue
Discussing scams, fraud and items to be aware of during the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Mexico Department of Health
U.S. Food & Drug Administration
Federal Trade Commission
We are taking extra precautions to keep you safe and healthy as you visit our branches and interact with our staff. We'd like to ask you to follow a few protocols as well to ensure your safety and the safety of our employees. Please watch the below video link reviewing these protocols and the steps we are taking.
24/7 Account Access
Handling your account needs is easy with 24/7 Access through Online and Mobile Banking.
- Online Banking - Allows you to check balances, transfer funds, deposit checks, pay bills and much more!
- Online Lending - Apply for a loan here. Sign documents electronically through docusign.
- ATMs- Drive/walk up ATMs can limit exposure to the public. Make sure to sanitize hands after touching screens or keypads. To find surcharge-free ATMs, please click here (link to ATM locations).
- Digital Pay - Load your debit and credit cards to Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay for contactless transactions.
- Apply for new membership online here.
For questions on how to use or sign-up for services, please call 505-755-5600 or 800-342-8298.
IRS Stimulus Check Info
Coronavirus Tax relief page: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
Scam info here:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2020/03/checks-government