First Financial Credit Union’s Supervisory Committee has a vacancy! Have you been a member for three years or more? Are you willing to serve as a volunteer and contribute to the success of the credit union and its membership? Then please read more for eligibility and application information!
We are seeking an eligible candidate to serve as a volunteer on the Credit Union’s Supervisory Committee. Candidates must apply by August 18, 2017, for consideration.
The primary function of the Supervisory Committee is to audit and review the credit union to ensure that all records are maintained properly, honestly, and accurately; that policies are established by law and by the FFCU Board of Directors are carried out faithfully; and that members’ assets are safeguarded and used according to the purposes of the credit union.
Candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
• Current FFCU member in good standing;
• Member for three years;
• Be 18 years of age;
• Be bondable under FFCU’s fidelity bond company;
• Is not a current FFCU employee or member of the Board of Directors;
• Is not a former FFCU employee (non-retired) or FFCU retiree less than three years;
• Is not a relative (by blood or marriage) or resides in the same household of a current FFCU employee;
• Is not affiliated with any vendor that provides goods or services to FFCU.
Preferred skills, abilities, and knowledge include:
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to participate in monthly meeting (1-2 hours);
• Understanding of financial statements;
• Understanding of internal controls;
• Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
Interested candidates may submit the following information to Supervisory Committee, P.O. Box 26926, Albuquerque, NM 87125:
• Full name
• Brief statement of qualifications
• Biographical data