As anticipated, due to the recent data breaches, First Financial Credit Union has begun seeing some fraud. As a precaution, we want to provide you some helpful information and tips to help avoid being a victim. The most recent scam is a loan pre-approval letter. The email or letter states it is from First Financial Credit Union and is fraudulent.
Here are some tips on how to identify if a letter claiming it is from First Financial Credit Union is fraudulent:
- We only send loan pre-approvals to members of the First Financial Credit Union. If you do not have an account with us, we did not send the letter.
- All First Financial emails will come from the email domain with @ffnm.org at the end of the address. If it is a Gmail, Yahoo, or a Hotmail account, we did not send the letter.
- There are only two First Financial Credit Union phone numbers associated with incoming and outgoing calls. They are 505-766-5600 or 1-800-342-8298. If you receive a call from any other number, it is not First Financial. If the letter provides another number, it is not First Financial.
- First Financial will never ask you for your account information in an email or text message.
- First Financial will never ask you to send us money first, in order to be approved for a loan.
Additional tips to protect yourself from fraud:
- Never give out personal information such as your social security number, bank account number, credit or debit card information to individuals who contact you by telephone, email, or text.
- Never give anyone your mobile or online banking user name or password.
- If you believe you are the victim of a scam attempt or have given out any account information, please contact us immediately at 505-766-5600 or 800-342-8298. We will do everything we can to keep your account secure.